Symbolism in Book of Revelation
By Nicholas J. Frederick
Assistant Professor of Ancient Scripture, Brigham Young University
Symbolism in the Book of Revelation
The book of Revelation is filled with symbolism that can be difficult to interpret. The following charts can be used as a tool to help you study and understand John’s vision. The information comes from a variety of sources..
- 7: completion; a number often taken to represent God and His divine Creation (Revelation 5:6).
- 3½: incomplete; half of 7 (Revelation 11:9); sometimes expressed as 1,260 days (3½ years; Revelation 11:3), 42 months (3½ years; Revelation 11:2), or “a time, and times, and half a time” (Revelation 12:14).
- 4: pertaining to the earth; four corners/four directions (Revelation 7:1).
- 6: divine counterfeit; a number that is close to 7 but comes up short.
- 666: likely representing the…
View original post 243 more words