~~ We are ALL ONE ~~
1Cor. 1: 9. God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
10. Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11. For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12. Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13. Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
14. I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
15. Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
16. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
17. For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
Verse 9–God called us to the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
Now did this say to the fellowship of himself? Why not? No, it said of his Son. It never at any time does away with this fact that Jesus is the Son of God. It does not declare that Jesus is God.
V10–(very important)……I beseech you that ye all —- (what? yes. ALL)— speak the SAME THING. And that there be NO DIVISIONS among you….but be perfectly joined in the same mind and same judgment.
Now, take a long, slow look at that —- He wants us ALL to speak the same thing…. To have NO DIVISIONS… to be perfectly joined together in the same mind… WHY?
Because we are Christ’s Kingdom; and Christ’s Kingdom is the IMAGE OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD.
So how can just 1 being be ALL PERFECTLY UNITED; JOINED…. SPEAKING THE SAME THING…HAVING THE SAME MIND…. BE PERFECTLY JOINED TOGETHER?
V11—- there were contentions among them… so here they had DEPARTED from that image of God. They were bringing disgrace upon that perfect image of Christ, the image of God.
V12- some say I am of Paul – others say I am of Apollo or Cephas or Christ….
Now what were they doing? Why is this so upsetting to Paul? Because they are doing the same thing the witch, the whore churches do…. Divide the kingdom of God. Yes, divide it. Say, there is Jesus only.
No, there are 3.
No, there is Mary, or the pope, or bro. So-and-so. Some say there is Santa clause. Etc. But the main thing is Satan has them DIVIDED. Now DIVIDED is opposite of UNITED.
Matters not what false doctrine you come up with — just depart from that truth, that God is a many-membered kingdom in perfect unity = perfectly JOINED TOGETHER.
Now if God is not a kingdom, PERFECTLY JOINED TOGETHER, WHY DID PAUL SAY THIS IS HOW THE CHURCH IS SUPPOSED TO BE?
V13–Is Christ divided? (Now answer that for yourself – does your doctrine divide Christ?) Do you contend that there is Jesus only? Or God is 3 people? You have divided Christ if you say either one of these.
V19–…I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
Now who is this? Those ‘wise’ folks who departed from the simplicity of the Written Word and went and walked in another way. They took up ‘scholarly’ doctors; they took up Strong’s; they took up commentary after commentary, dictionary after dictionary of the WISE OF THIS WORLD, who denied the truth of God’s Word.
But God said I will destroy all that ‘wisdom’ and bring it to nothing. All of your understanding you get from all those man-made books will fail.
Cpt. 2: 13. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Now the great Apostle Paul said (and he was a very educated man)- but he said he used not men’s wisdom to teach with.
1 Corinthians 3
1. And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4. For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5. Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6. I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
8. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
9. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building.
Here Paul said that if you say I am of one or another, thus dividing them, then you are CARNAL.
V 5 & 6 shows that we have different jobs to do in the body, but we are just ministers by whom ye believed. He did the job of planting. Apollos watered, but it was God who gave the increase. That is all that matters.
V7 shows that we are nothing who do these jobs, only God is.
V8- now this is very important —– He that planteth and he that watereth are ONE. GET THAT, THEY BOTH WERE –ONE.
Now is he saying they merged and became 1 and the same man? Of course not.
Then why are carnal minded people saying that Jesus and His Father being one means they merged and became the same person or being?
See how carnal this reasoning is? Hope some of you can really learn from this. Christ is the image of God. We are not to be divided. We are ALL ONE EVEN AS THEY ARE ALL ONE.