|From: joie||Sent: 2/6/2003 8:07 PM|
|Romans 3: 19. Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.|
20. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
21. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22. Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: Look at v 20, no flesh shall be justified by the deeds of the law.v21–…righteousness of God without law….v22-….righteousness of God which is by Faith.. 27. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28. Therefore we conclude that a man isjustified by faith without the deeds of the law. v27….makes it clear that there are two DIFFERENT SETS OF LAW. One is the works of the law of the O.T. – the law of commandments given to Moses. BUT…. THERE IS ANOTHER LAW —- A LAW OF FAITH.v28-…man is justified without the deeds of the law …. so this would have to be speaking of the same law the Word always says man is not justified by = the law of commandments given to Moses. Gal. 3: 11. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12. And the law is not of faith: but, the man that doeth them shall live in them. Here Paul once again said man is not justified by the law; and the law is NOT of faith. So when you put this with the above Scripture in Romans 3, it said there is another LAW …. A LAW OF FAITH. Every word of God is LAW. But it is not the same as the law of commandments. This is what is not of faith. Romans 8 1. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Now once again we have here two different sets of laws: that of the law of sin and death = the law of commandments given to Moses; for this law demands death to the disobedient.and another law = the law of life in Christ Jesus. Now this is that law of faith. It is a ‘LAW’ of God that if one is in Christ Jesus by FAITH, then that one will have LIFE; NOT DEATH. This LAW OF FAITH is the law God has written in our hearts and minds —– NOT THAT LAW OF COMMANDMENTS.