by: jo smith
Beauty and Bands
Zech. 11: 7. And I will feed the flock of slaughter, even you, O poor of the flock. And I took unto me two staves; the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bands; and I fed the flock.
(These two staves were the law and prophets)
8. Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me.
(the three shepherds which Jesus cut off were the O.T. Prophets, priests and Kings)
9. Then said I, I will not feed you: that that dieth, let it die; and that that is to be cut off, let it be cut off; and let the rest eat every one the flesh of another.
(this is where Jesus turns away from that old covenant; see no food left in it! anything staying there , he said let it be cut off; the rest would ‘eat’ the flesh, or word of each other; not the word of God)
10. And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people.
(Remember, this is at the time of the crucifixion; proof is below here —– here is where Jesus cut off his staff called Beauty; which was the prophets which had been feeding the O.T. people the word from God; remember, it said the law and prophets were UNTIL John the Baptist; after this no more would God speak to the people by law and prophets; now he speaks to us by His Son. See that He said this was for the purpose of BREAKING HIS COVENANT (O.T. LAW) WHICH HE HAD MADE WITH THAT PEOPLE.)
11. And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it was the word of the Lord.
WHAT DAY? IT WAS BROKEN ON THE DAY OF THE CRUCIFIXION. JESUS NAILED IT TO THAT CROSS AND CARRIED IT INTO HELL AND LEFT IT THERE.
(THOSE WHO WAIT ON THE LORD SHALL RENEW THEIR STRENGTH. RENEW THEIR STRENGTH?
SEE THAT THEY HAD BEEN CUT OFF; SO THERE WAS NO STRENGTH;
BUT TO THE PETERS AND JOHNS WHO WAITED ON JESUS, RENEWED THEIR STRENGTH BY BEING GRAFTED BACK INTO THE PURE OLIVE TREE ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST.
SO THEY KNEW IT WAS THE WORD OF THE LORD TO CUT OFF THAT OLD COVENANT AND RENEW IN THE NEW COVENANT.
I DON’T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD MISS THIS TRUTH; IT IS ALL OVER THE WORD OF GOD)
12. And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.
(NOW, HERE IS THE PROOF THAT THIS IS SPEAKING OF THE CRUCIFIXION; FOR THIS IS THE THIRTY PIECES OF SILVER WHICH WAS PAID TO JUDAS TO BETRAY JESUS.)
13. And the Lord said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the Lord.
14. Then I cut asunder mine other staff, even Bands, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel
(NOW, HERE IS WHERE JESUS CUT OFF THAT OTHER STAFF = LAW. THE WAS WAS THE BANDS, – OR BONDAGE– THAT YOKE THEY COULD NOT BEAR.
SEE, IN DOING THIS HE BROKE THE BROTHERHOOD BETWEEN JUDAH AND ISRAEL.
NO LONGER CAN THE TWO WALK TOGETHER, EXCEPT THEY BE AGREED.
THEY MUST AGREE TO COME OVER INTO THE NEW COVENANT.
THEN THEY BECOME JUDAH, THE FAMILY OF JESUS. THEN THEY BECOME THE SPIRITUAL ISRAEL.
THE OLD JUDAH AND OLD ISRAEL, THOSE WHO CLING TO LAW ARE CUT OFF.
AND LEFT TO DIE.
THAT WHICH DIETH, LET IT DIE.
SO SAID JESUS.